Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Attachment Parenting

I came across this blog for Attachment Parenting International today: www.attachmentparenting.org/blog/

I've been practicing attachment parenting.  It's not something that I set out to do.  It's just what came naturally to me.   

I thought I would share with you their Eight Principles of Parenting.  If you are interested in Attachment parenting or just want to learn more about it, I encourage you to click on this link to read more about each principle.  

1.  Prepare for Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting
2.  Feed with Love and Respect
3.  Respond with Sensitivity
4.  Use Nurturing Touch
5.  Ensure Safe Sleep, Physically and Emotionally
6.  Provide Consistent and Loving Care
7.  Practice Positive Discipline
8.  Strive for Balance in Personal and Family Life 

0 comments: